If you are arriving into England, Scotland or Wales from anywhere outside the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you are now legally required to take two Covid-19 tests. These mandatory tests must be taken on Day 2 & Day 8 of the compulsory 10-day quarantine period, which starts as soon as you enter the country.
- Please note that the day of your arrival in the UK is Day Zero.
- Please note that a negative result from either of the tests will not affect your quarantine period and you must still remain in self-isolation until the end of the tenth day.
- You must order your Day 2 & Day 8 tests before your arrival into England, Scotland or Wales, and complete a passenger locator form with details about where you will be self-isolating.
- If you test positive for Covid-19, you must continue self-isolating for a further 10 days, starting from the date of your positive result.
Visit the government website for full details of what you must do on your return to the UK: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england.
1. Who is this test package for?
All international travellers arriving in England from a country on the UK Government’s AMBER OR RED list. Travellers arriving from countries on the GREEN list only require a Day 2 Test.
2. What does the traveller have to do?
Travellers must take two Covid-19 PCR tests during their 10 day quarantine period. Take the first test on or before day 2 and the second test on or after day 8 of your quarantine period in your own accommodation.
3. Been to a country or territory on the RED list in the 10 days before you arrive in England?
Before you travel to England you must book a quarantine hotel package, including the Day 2 – Day 8 Test Package.
4. Been to a country or territory on the AMBER list in the 10 days before you arrive in England?
Before you travel to England you must book and pay for a Day 2 – Day 8 COVID-19 test package – to be used after arrival in England.
5. Been to a country or territory on the GREEN list in the 10 days before you arrive in England?
Fewer restrictions if you are arriving from a GREEN list country. Before you travel to England you must book and pay for a Day 2 COVID-19 test – to be used after arrival in England. A Day 8 test is not required.
6. When may I leave quarantine?
If you’ve quarantined for 10 days and received a negative result to both our day 2 and day 8 tests, you may leave the place where you are quarantining.
7. How do I release from quarantine early?
End self-isolation early through Test-to-Release. You may be able to end self-isolation early if you pay for a private Covid-19 test. For information regarding the Day 5 Test-to-Release service, please click here.
How do I book a Day 2 - Day 8 Test Package?
We are an approved Day 2 – Day 8 Test provider and are on the government list of providers. In order to book in with us, please click here and complete the form. The form will allow you to choose whether you need both the Day 2 & Day 8 tests or just the Day 2 Test, depending on which country you are arriving from. Upon completion of the form, one of our team will be in touch within 24 hours to:
provide you with a unique reference number that you will need for your passenger locator form
go through all the relevant details with you for peace of mind